Curse of the Crimson Throne
The Rumor Mill
Prior to the King's death, the party has heard the following rumors:
- King Eodred had a deformed brother who died at birth. The deformed baby is kept in the castle attic preserved in a jar of alcohol!
- There've been sightings of river ghosts lately! The little blue spirits that sneak around in the alleys, abduct drunks or anyone who sleeps in the streets.
After the King's death:
- King Eodred died because of the Curse of the Crimson Throne. Anyone who sits on the throne is cursed!
- King Eodred didn't die of old age – he was made sick and thus murdered by someone he trusted! My money is on the castle seneschal, Neolandus. Why else would he flee Korvosa after Eodred's death?
- Devargo Barvasi, the master of Eel's End, has some fiendish blood and can control spiders.
- Blackjack has been seen for the first time in years, responding to the devastation caused by "Lamm's Liberators", attempting to interfere on behalf of the citizens of the city.
- Gaedrin Lamm was surprised by vigilantees in his secret shiver lab. Apparently he was in the middle of having sex with the severed head of a varisian prostitute and was so startled, he grievously cut his member on her sharp teeth. Since the head was in such a state of decay, he contracted a wasting disease which caused his grossly deformed member to shrivel and die. No doubt his efforts to cause uprisings in the city are a result of this horrible maiming… (Clint's Rumor Session #2)
- Followers of Belial get piercings in very uncomfortable places.
- The Seneschal has gone missing. Maybe he murdered the king!!!
- Apparently Belial likes to give the meat to the poor.
- Magical meat fairies distribute meat to butcher shops (maybe only 'All the Worlds Meats') so the population doesn't go hungry during this time of unrest. (Clint's Rumor Session #3)